San Francisco is one of the Worlds most scenic cities. Photo opportunities are everywhere. Old World charm and ethnic neighborhoods combine with a picturesque ocean setting to make a very unique American city.
Twin Peaks provides sweeping views of the Golden Gate Bridge, Alcatraz, Angel Island, Yerba Buena Island, Berkeley, Oakland, Downtown San Francisco and much of the San Francisco Bay and beyond.
Alamo Square is the most photographed spot in The City. You can see that the grass is gone in the area where everyone stands to take the famous picture of the row of Victorians with San Francisco in the background. This is the San Francisco Victorian row picture that has been featured on TV, magazines and many advertisements.
Ocean Beach and Lands End are two great places to enjoy the beauty of the California coastline.
The Cliff House was originally built in 1863, burned down twice and was last rebuilt in 1909.
Continue along the coast past Lands End and you come upon a great view of The Golden Gate Bridge, Baker Beach and China Beach. A good place to take a photo, or paint a picture.
Lands End is also where you will find the Lincoln Park Golf Course and The Palace of The Legion of Honor Museum which was founded by Alma de Bretteville Spreckels and her husband, sugar baron Adolph B. Spreckels, in the early 1920s and has recently undergone a major renovation and expansion. Free 2nd Wednesday of the month.
Alma was later involved in the Maryhill Museum in Washington State. Visit the California Palace of The Legion of Honor Museum with San Francisco CityPass. The SF City Pass is good for seven days of unlimited travel on cable cars, streetcars, and all other MUNI vehicles as well as entrance to five popular attractions including the California Palace of The Legion of Honor Museum.
The Scenic 49 mile drive is a great way to see San Francisco sights. Take along this 49 Mile Scenic Map produced in 1938 and follow the signs you see posted along the way.
You'll be glad you took a San Francisco Deluxe City sightseeing tour. It's an excellent introduction to the City-by-the-Bay.
Whether you're visiting The City for the first time or just want to see what you've been missing, the San Francisco Deluxe City Tour is the best way to easily and comfortably visit the many famous locations throughout San Francisco.
Explore the major sights of San Francisco on your 3 hours, fully narrated sightseeing tour, including:
• Golden Gate Bridge - world famous bridge that "couldn't be built."
• North Beach - Italian district and home of the Beat Generation.
• Golden Gate Park - worlds largest urban, developed park.
• Nob Hill - home to mansions and exclusive hotels.
• Fisherman's Wharf - San Francisco's most visited neighborhood.
• Presidio - ex-military base turned National Recreation Area.
• Civic Center- City Hall, Davies Symphony Hall, Opera House.
• Financial District - Transamerica Pyramid, Wall Street of the west.
• Chinatown - the largest Chinese community outside of China.
• Union Square - world famous shopping.
• Marina District - marshland filled for 1915 Pan Pacific Exhibition.
• Cliff House - seal rocks, Ocean Beach and the Pacific Ocean.